February 26, 2009

Raindrops on Roses...


So, I'm home with a slightly sick child and have been neglecting him and his sister all morning by letting them watch a lot of tv, so I thought, "What better time to post on my blog?"....

I'm turning over a new leaf with this blog. I'd say I think about posting just about every day. I just don't. But now I will. It's as simple as that.

Today, because I've already lost a few points with myself for the tv-watching thing, plus that I'm feeling a bit under the weather myself, I've decided to just talk about myself and toot my own horn a bit.I'm going to play like Oprah and Julie Andrews and do the "My Favorite Things" theme or my "Top 5"

Top 5 Possessions

1. My LLBean travel/toiletries bag. Anything that organizes, I love.

2. The rope swing in my family room (Is this a possession or a fixture? whatever). Instant gross motor and PT work for my kids, starting before age two. They all have crazy upper body strength because of it. ALSO, I can tell the kids to "go swing on the rope" and shut all the doors to the room (french doors with windows) and have some semi-peace and quiet.

3. My key holder and change purse/pouch. Weird, I know. And yet so convenient and simple when lugging 3 kids into the grocery store. No purse and hands-free.

4. My computer. Spend way too much time on it. But love it dearly.

5. Our karaoke system. Ummm yeah, I know. But seriously, nothing wrong with some good, clean karaoke fun. We've had some gooood times because of that thing.


Top Green Actions

1. 7 x 7 inch cutey napkins in a square bowl on my counter. I buy paper napkins probably twice a year now, for parties.

2. Glass juice cups in a drawer that my kids can reach and get their own drinks. Used to do this with small paper cups, but again... never buy them now.

3. Those blue and green washable cloths in a plastic bag dispenser next to my plastic bag dispenser. I pull them out and use them to wipe the counters with spray, wipe spills off of the floor (a different one than the counters, duh) , etc. Went from using a roll of paper towels at least once a week to about once every 3. Woo hoo!

4. Laptop Lunches!!! Love them. Plastic, yes. But reusable and lead-free. Love, love, love. So do the kids.

5. Kleen Kanteen water bottles. I was never a disposable plastic water bottle person anyway, because frankly, I just don't get it. At all. But switched from reusable nalgene to the Kleen Kanteens and love them. I'm just a tad fanatical about not losing them. Kind of an investment.

Alright, so only 2 lists today. Please, I have kids to sit and watch TV with.

1 comment:

Megan said...

wonderful!!! a list of your favorite things is a really good way to brighten anyones mood :) i think on my list are things like:

1. when i don't have a head ache :) (which i usually do, stupid computer i work on.)
2. brushing my teeth :)
3. new clothes

etc. etc. :)

i think your list looks better!! ha ha